Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Animation News

So roughly two weeks ago now, I entered into an animation competition that was being judged by the Creative Director of Shaun the Sheep, Golly Starzak.

A selection of 62 farm yard sound effects were provided by letnaturefeedyoursenses.org and entrants had to use a minimum of one sound effect to inspire and use in their animations which could last no longer than 60 seconds. Sound effects from other sources were not permitted but you could use as many of the provided sounds as you liked.

I spent four nights filming my entry on the dining room table to create a total of 37 seconds of film. I spent between 2 and 4 hours each night animating. The purpose of filming at night was to ensure I could have complete control over the light source so that "flicker" was not an issue when the animation was watched back.

I submitted my animation on June 20th and by June 27th I had received an email congratulating me on being shortlisted for the 17-25 age group catagory. (For anyone unaware, I am 25)
That was fantastic news in itself!

Today I received a phonecall from a woman named Lynsey. She was calling about the competition to let me know that I was the winner of my age catagory! I HAD WON!

So this is my news; I HAVE BEEN CHOSEN, BY THE CREATIVE DIRECTOR OF SHAUN THE SHEEP AT AARDMAN ANIMATIONS, AS THE WINNER OF THE 17-25 CATAGORY!!!

You can watch my winning entry here> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBD6Y6R1MMg&feature=plcp

No comments: